Accessibility at the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run
At the Y we believe there should be no barriers for anyone in the pursuit of healthier, happier lives. The YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run is an all-inclusive event, and anyone (and their dog!), of any age or ability, is welcome to participate.
Here are a few ways that the 2018 YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run is more accessible than ever before:
- The course has been designed around prams and wheelchairs to ensure it is easy to navigate
- There is clear signposting throughout the course and Event Village, plus there will be friendly volunteers to answer any questions.
- Accessible toilets located throughout the course and in the Event Village
- If you need to be dropped off close to the event, Boathouse Drive can be opened up to allow access close to the starting line. All you need is a disability sticker to access this.
- We have volunteers stationed all around the course especially in places where it’s quite steep. If you need any help, it is available.
- Petticoat Lane: we’ve installed an accessible bridge to get over this area
- Dogs allowed and encouraged!
If you are unsure about your physical or medical suitability for participating in this event, we do recommend you seek advice from your doctor prior to registering and participating.
If we have missed anything, please feel free to contact us and let us know. Just send us an email at email@example.com.