TERMS AND CONDITIONS
YMCA FATHER’S DAY FUN RUN
YMCA Victoria – 502/990 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill, VIC 3128
PH +61 03 9403 5000 www.fathersdayfunrun.org.au
‘Event’ refers to the ‘YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run’ which is a 5km or 10km run or walk organised by YMCA Victoria to be conducted on Sunday 2 September, 2018 on a specified course on and around the Tan track in Melbourne, Australia. ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means the person named in the Event registration, who is participating in this event.
- By completing your registration and ticking the box to accept the terms and conditions of the Event, You agree to comply with the following terms and conditions. You warrant that any other participant on whose behalf You are submitting this registration also agrees to comply with these terms and conditions with any reference to ‘You’ or ‘your’ throughout the document being a reference to them.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to participate. You acknowledge and agree that, if You are registering on behalf of a child or children, you are their parent or guardian, or otherwise have authority from the child or children’s parent or guardian to do so on their behalf and agree to supervise the child or children at all times during the Event. You warrant that they also agree to comply with these terms and conditions as if a reference to ‘You’ or ‘your’ was a reference to them. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is required in order to participate in this Event.
- You agree that you are adequately prepared, both physically and medically, to participate in the Event. You agree that You are not aware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability or impairment which may cause You or any other person injury or death while participating in the Event. If You are unsure about your physical or medical suitability for participating in this Event, You should seek advice from your doctor prior to participating.
- If You suffer any injury, accident or illness while participating in the Event and cannot consent to reasonable medical treatment at the time, You consent to receiving such medical treatment which the Event medical and paramedical personnel consider reasonably necessary in the circumstances.
- You agree to the rules and conditions and any reasonable directions from the Event organisers and their representatives, including course marshals and event officials. The Event organisers and their representatives will be carrying identification which should be visible at all times and if not visible, will be produced on request. You agree that the Event organisers may vary the Event rules without prior notice.
- All fees must be paid prior to the Event and under no circumstances, including adverse weather, will refunds be given.
- You consent to any video footage, or photographs taken during the Event of You being used to publicise the Event by YMCA Victoria for commercial and fundraising purposes including, but not limited to marketing material, television broadcasts, social media, advertising, publications, and other documents or mediums that may be made available to the public, over an extended period of time. You also consent for the YMCA to share photographs and footage of You with the Event’s partners and sponsors for purposes of promoting the Event over a period of time. You consent that images and video of You will be used without your name for these lawful purposes concerning the Event. By registering You are confirming that you give consent for Your images to be used by YMCA Victoria, and/or the Event partners, for the Event in this way without payment or compensation.
- Event Modification or Cancellation. You acknowledge that YMCA Victoria reserves the right to reduce or alter the Event route or activities to accommodate any unexpected complications on the day, including adverse weather conditions. If conditions arise that may significantly compromise the Event, such as adverse weather conditions, or other emergencies, the Event organisers may need to cancel the Event. You will be provided with as much notice as is reasonably possible in the circumstances via the homepage of fathersdayfunrun.org.au and/or via email and or/SMS. If cancellation is necessary, the Event will not be rescheduled and under no circumstances, including adverse weather, will refunds be given.
- Liability and Indemnity. You acknowledge that participation in the Event carries certain risks, including risks associated with walking on the allocated course, adverse weather conditions, other participants’ behaviour. These risks could result in personal injury or death or damage to your property. You agree that:
- You accept and assume the inherent risks of participating in the Event
- YMCA Victoria is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury that You may sustain while participating in the Event or otherwise associated with the Event.
- You indemnify, and keep indemnified, YMCA Victoria in relation to any claim that could be made by You or any third party arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Event.
- The Event organisers reserve the right to withdraw or disqualify any participant.
- Child entrants must be aged 4-17 years of age as at the Event, Sunday 2 September, 2018. Children aged 0-3 are allowed to participate in the event but their details must be provided at the time of registration.
- Runners and walkers should be warmed up and at the start line prior to their start time (10km – 8.30am start, 5km – 9.30am start).
- No bicycles are permitted on the Event course. Prams may be used but must follow Event marshal directions to move toward a particular area if required. Dogs are permitted both on the Event course and in the Event Village only if they are kept on a leash at all times.
- Please take extreme caution when crossing or running along roads. Follow directions from Event officials, marshals and Police.