Three reasons to buddy up for the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run
If you’re lacking that pep in your step to get yourself geared up and ready for the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run, it might be time to enlist a Fun Run buddy. Research shows that finding a workout buddy or group might just be the key to encouraging us to get out there and exercise.
Here are our top three reasons you should consider partnering up for the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run!
- When running with friends, you never want to be the one that says “Let’s just take it easy today.” And neither do they!
- You are likely to run faster and further if you’re accompanied by somebody else. And, on the day of the Fun Run, seeing everybody else trying hard will help you push yourself.
- The harder you work, the better results you’ll see. Plus, training with friends or in a group environment helps keep you accountable for the work you put in.
- Being mentally fit is just as important as your physical performance. You need to be motivated to not only show up, but also to do your best. This is made easier if you know someone is counting on you.
- A study from Indiana University found that couples who trained together at the gym had significantly higher attendance and lower dropout rates (only 10%) compared to those who attended separately from their partners (50% dropout rate). Both groups showed strong self-motivation, but the support of their partner ended up being the primary influencer. The same applies for friends, too!
- You could also choose to hit the track with somebody a little more advanced than you, and try to keep up with them. The ‘if they can do it, so can I’ mentality is a proven motivator.
- It may seem like a given, but having fun while you exercise is so important and that’s what the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run is all about! After all, if you’re not enjoying yourself, why would you show up? Spending time with likeminded people makes exercise far more enjoyable.
- By training with friends you will ensure you’re always getting a workout. The more fun you’re having, the more you’ll push yourself. Which means better results.
So combine exercise with your friends and family this Father’s Day, encourage a buddy or two to sign up with you and get those heart rates pumping at the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run!
Discounted family rates are available and you can even sign up as a team. Click here to register!