Join in the celebrations at the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run Event Village
The YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run is #morethanarun – it’s a celebration!
So after you’ve made your way around the 5km or 10km course – or cheered your friends and family across the finish line – continue your Father’s Day celebrations at the Event Village in Alexandra Gardens!
You’ll find plenty to keep the whole family happy (for free!). The Village opens at 6am for event day registrations and race bib collections, with activities and entertainment kicking off from 8am and wrapping up the festivities from around 12.30pm.
Healthy and nutritious food & drink
- The Little Mushroom Co
- Bibimbap Korean Food Truck
- Bike n Blend – smoothies taste even better when you bike n blend your own!
- Coffee Carts – to put that pep in your step and keep everyone energised throughout the morning.
FREE activities and entertainment for the whole family*
- Learn to skate – Riverslide Skate Park will be holding lessons for all ages every 30 mins from 9am-12pm.
- Bubble Soccer – always wanted to try it? Here’s your chance!
- Inflatable Sumo Wrestling – we are 100% sure there is no better way to celebrate Father’s Day.
- Farmer Daryll’s Petting Zoo – this level of cuteness is guaranteed to keep everyone smiling.
- Face Painting – look the part for Father’s Day!
- Photo Zone – free photo booths, Instabooth social printer and Community Father of the Year photo wall. Get free snaps with your family and friends so you can treasure the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run forever! Use the hashtag #fathersdayfunrun when posting to Facebook and Instagram so the crew in the Photozone can print your photos!
- Live Music to get down to on stage in the Event Village.
…and LOTS more!
The YMCA Health & Wellness Recovery Zone* – take a well-deserved rest in the recovery zone get a free health test and some nutritional advice from our experts. There’ll be:
- Health Screening Station with Postural Screening, Gait Analysis, and Functional Movement Screening
- Recovery Station including Lower limb Ice Baths, Warm Down area including stretching & Self Myofascial Release
- Health and nutrition education and sessions
Brooks Running Display Van – test out a pair of Brooks runners and get great advice on footwear bespoke to your feet and running style.
Got friends and family who haven’t registered? Or still deciding yourself? You have until 12 noon this Friday 2 September to sign up online. You can also sign up on the day.
See you on Sunday 4 September!
*Please note, all activities, seminars and entertainment on event day are subject to change without notice.